Source: World Famous Recipes
- 1 recipe Pastry for Double-Crust Pie (see Recipe Center)
- 1 recipe filling for Blackberries, Blueberries, Raspberries, or Mixed Berries
- 2 teaspoons finely shredded lemon peel or 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Milk (optional)
- Sugar ( optional)
1. Prepare and roll out pastry for Double-Crust Pie. Line a 9-inch pie plate with half of the pastry.
2. In a large bowl combine the sugar and flour for desired berries,
according to the amounts given below. Stir in berries and lemon peel or
cinnamon. Gently toss berries until coated. (If using frozen fruit, let
mixture stand for 45 minutes or until fruit is partially thawed, but
3. Transfer berry mixture to the pastry-lined pie plate. Trim bottom
pastry edge of pie plate. Cut slits in remaining pastry; place on
filling and seal. Crimp edge as desired.
4. If desired, brush top crust with milk and sprinkle with
additional sugar. To prevent overbrowning, cover edge of pie with foil.
Bake in a 375 degree F oven for 25 minutes (or 50 minutes for frozen
fruit). Remove foil. Bake pie for 25 to 30 minutes more or until
filling is bubbly and top is golden. Cool on a wire rack. Makes 8
Blackberry: 5 cups fresh or frozen blackberries, 3/4 to 1 cup sugar, 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
Blueberry: 5 cups fresh or frozen blueberries, 2/3 to 3/4 cup sugar, 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
Raspberry: 5 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries, 3/4 to 1 cup sugar, 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
Mixed Berry: 2 cups halved fresh strawberries or whole unsweetened
frozen strawberries, 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries, 1 cup fresh or
frozen blackberries or raspberries, 1/2 to 2/3 cup sugar, 1/3 cup
Lattice Berry Fruit Pie: Prepare as above except follow directions for Lattice-Top pie.